Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet the 11th Generation

Well that was fast! I was thinking we'd have to wait weeks for the 11th Generation to be revealed but nope! Through Youtube and various online forums/new sites, this morning I woke up and found out Oda Sakura is the sole winner of Morning Musume's 11th Generation auditions!

It's been a great morning.


I am totally loving this generation; I said when the auditions were first announced that I would totally love a one-member generation, if the one member could pull that off. And Sakura totally can! She has a great voice, a cute personality, experience with H!P, and she's already familiar with the Momusu members. I know a lot of people prefer multi-member generation but for this one I like the fact that there's only one member. There are already ten members in MM right now and four more would just mean more background dancers for the Reina/RiDOS show. Speaking of which... could this possibly mean we'll have someone else besides those two singing lead? I hope so; I can't tell at this point but I really hope so. It's also nice that we got to know so soon because now the drama of auditions won't be dragged out with everyone picking favorites and I won't end up getting attached so someone who will get shafted! And even better, one of the initial favorites won! How awesome is this? Sakura was my second favorite in the auditions and even though I'm a little bummed Ono Haruka didn't get in, I remembered she's still with Nice Girl Project so it's not like she'll fade into oblivion. Same for Ayano, she's an Egg so she'll still have something to do with H!P. I hadn't really noticed Sakura until these auditions but she's got a really good voice; it reminds me of Ai's when she was younger. Does this mean we might have someone with vocal ability leading the songs now? Oh please UFA! Use your brain and don't shove this girl to the back!

I feel so ecstatic right now! I'm going to celebrate the fact that for the first time, an audition really went the way I wanted it to! As for the theories that Tsunku's going to add other members to this generation... shut up and let me enjoy this for a moment.

1 comment:

  1. I’ll just post what I wrote on my blog: I did not watch a single video or update on the 11th gen auditions. But upon watching Oda Sakura’s video clip of her being accepted into Morning Musume by Tsunku and evaulating her skills, I was impressed. We have to remember this audition was to find a singer not an increase of members. But even I have to agree with some others about it being a 1-nin gen, she has to be pushed then.

    I like her even more after watching the video. She looks so cute and fits so well with the others. She sings really well and her voice changes from low to high, I think her dancing is not so bad either. Someone made a comment that when she imitated Namida Tomarana Houkago, her voice changes from Konno to Miki in the video of her audition time and they were right.

    This is only a small part though hahaha!

    ReplyDelete