Monday, June 1, 2015

Nia's State of the Wonderland - June 2015


Man, it feels like ages since I've done one of these! Well, the Wonderland is back! Kind of. I'm done with classes for now, but in a little under two weeks I will be traveling to Scotland to study abroad. This is my first time ever traveling outside of the United States, so I want to take advantage of that as much as possible! I am bringing my laptop with me, so I'll try to put a few review while I'm abroad. That's the thing... I can't change how busy I'm about to be. That was a big reason why I couldn't blog these past five months. There was a lot going on in my academic and personal life. So I'm trying not to strain myself with blogging, but I don't want to drop off the face of the planet. Nothing's changed about the State of the Wonderland in the past five months. These are the things I want to write about, and my current progress on them. Also, I brought back the Time Capsule Reviews! Poll style is just like it is last time. It ends on June 15, and I promise this time I'll actually write the review...

13 Weeks Later EP Single Review
- Bellring Shoujo Heart knew I wasn't going to write anything for the next five months, so they generously waited to release their next EP! I'm kidding, but the timing of 13 Weeks Later is blissfully convenient. There are six tracks on this EP, so my breakdown of each track will probably be shorter than the typical single review. Not that I'm complaining about Bellring Shoujo Heart releasing more music. Six tracks gives me plenty to talk about with them! I might also talk a little bit about Undo the Union in passing. I wanted to review that album so badly. Oh well, better late than never!

2015: What I've Liked and Disliked (So Far)
- Quite a bit happens when you don't blog for five months. I feel like my transition back into blogging has been very abrupt, so I'm using this as a bridge between last year and this year. This will hopefully fill in the gaps about news, releases, and my own personal junk. I swear the personal junk won't take up much of this post. This is one of my priority posts, and I hope to get it out as soon as possible. I've got the general outline, and I know what I want to address in this post. I've written bits and pieces of this post; like the rest of the year, I just need to bridge it together!

Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai PV Review
- Two people requested this, and I feel bad about letting two people down. So... this is happening. No, this does not take AKB48 off my Blacklist. And also no, I am not going to tear into this music video like some people might think. Even if my opinion of AKB48 has been sliding downhill like an avalanche, I'm approaching this review like I would anything else I would review. This is one of my priority reviews, given that it's a request, so I'd like to get it out soon. I just haven't written much of it yet.

Brand-new Idol Shit Album Review
- I will be addressing the return of BiS BiSH in my 2015: What I've Liked and Dislike (So Far) post. Naturally, I'll withhold most of my opinions about their music once I get to reviewing their debut album. I have listened to the entire album, and I've given every song a rating, along with a final verdict. All I need to do is go into detail about the ups and downs of each song and the album as a whole. So yeah, I basically need to write the entire review. How hard could that be? It's a lot easier than living up to BiS' reputation!

Mondai Girl Single Review
- I know it's been months since Mondai Girl was released. However, someone requested I review this so it's happening. I swear this is the last request I've gotten to review something. Everything else will be more current stuff! Expect pretty much your standard single review with apples and verdict. As soon as I'm done reviewing Perfume's stuff, I'm moving on to this review and Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai. I'm not sure which I'll finish first. It all depends on which one I'm more motivated to write about...

Navy Blue Single Review
- I wasn't the only one who took a break from something to focus on my schoolwork. Curumi Chronicle just got back from her hiatus and will be releasing her next single in June! Said single is Navy Blue. This single isn't out until later in June, so I may not end up reviewing it until July. I will be in Scotland by the time of the release, and the release is around the time my first block of classes will be ending. And there might be other stuff going on. All the same, I am extremely excited for the new Curumi Chronicle single!

Relax in the City/Pick Me Up Single Review
- So here's how all my Perfume reviews are going to go. I posted my PV review of Relax in the City a few days ago. Next up is the PV review for Pick Me Up. Then finally I'll post the single review of both A-side and the B-side. I'm sure by the time this review's done, you'll pretty much know how I feel about the two A-sides... but the B-side is a surprise! Will I like it? Will I hate it? I'm not even sure yet! My Perfume reviews are my top priority, then the two other requests I've gotten. And then comes everything else like normal!

Pick Me Up PV Review
- When I'm not typing this up, I'm working on my review for Pick Me Up. I'm a little frustrated, because there's not as much progress on this review as I would like. I wouldn't say I have writer's block; I'm just struggling with what to say about this song. I know I'll figure things out, hopefully soon. I think what I might do is screencap the video then come back to writing about the song and the video. That usually triggers words and sentences, always a plus when you're trying to write a review. It's kind of ironic because I thought Relax in the City would be a harder review to write...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Nia!!

    I'll be waiting anxiously your Brand-new Idol SHit review (and all the others articles, of course). I'm in love with the album, the new girls and their live shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Uli! It's good to be back!

      I'll do my best to finish my Brand-new Idol Shit review this month! I won't say much right now, but the album is definitely interesting.

      Delete