Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Nia's State of the Wonderland - July 2014


Well, it's July and Perfume is still coming to America! So that proves it's not a dream. Or if it is, it's a very long, vivid one. Anyways, Perfume's 3rd World Tour is still several months away, so I'm just gonna enjoy summer while I still can! Seriously, it's been so nice having such a lowkey summer. I've had time to write and catch up on books and movies and television shows. And I've been cleaning out! I have so much crap I've been saving over the years; it's really time I got rid of it all. Since I'll be moving in a month and half, I've been trying to figure out what I need for the dorm and what I want to take. It's all very exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time! I will definitely be taking all my Perfume CDs (and other miscellaneous J-pop CDs). I'll have to find a place to display them in my dorm though! That'll come in due time though. As for now, I have things to write and much more time to do than I've had all year! And there are some really great releases to look forward to this month! Summer PVs, Perfume music, Curumi Chronicle, the works! Of course, BiS is also disbanding in a week. Unless this is a dream. Which I actually might not mind. I'm not gonna let that completely dampen my mood this month. Besides... Perfume!

17 & Touch Me Single Reviews
- "17 & Touch Me" sounds like one single title, but actually it's two! Curumi Chronicle plans on gracing us with new music (and some old music) this month with not just one single but two. I was a little excited to say the least. Anyways, both singles will be released on July 30, so I'll probably end up reviewing both in August. But I just had to share with everyone that Curumi Chronicle is releasing two new singles. Two! Between that and Perfume's new single, I am absolutely pixellated for the month of July! The hardest part will be waiting for Curumi's new singles... I am hoping that wait will be alleviated by Perfume's new single though.

Black Butterfly PV Review
- I have really been neglecting Juice=Juice... I don't mean to! I even liked their last single, Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no Kiss/Arekore Shitai! Well, Juice=Juice is releasing another double A-side at the end of July, which means the PV for Black Butterfly should be out soon! Since this is a later single, I probably won't review the PV until we're nearing the end of July. That and I have to wait for a version without subtitles to leak (again, still going strong on the who subtitles boycott!). I do hope this time I get around to reviewing this Juice=Juice A-side. Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no Kiss was such a good A-side. I regret not getting around to reviewing it!

Cling Cling PV/Single Review
- Oh yes, another month, another era of Perfumania is upon us! Oh, how I've missed Perfumania on the Wonderland. It hasn't happened once this year until now! So yes, it goes without saying that I will abso-freaking-lutely review the PV for Cling Cling along with the single. Between this and the announcement of their 3rd World Tour, now couldn't be a better time to be a Perfume fan! I do think the PV for Cling Cling will be out very soon (I mean, the single's being released in two weeks so I'd hope so). And then I'll review the single around the release date! And may I say I'm particularly excited to hear the rest of Display and how Ijiwaru na Hello sounds!

Memorial to BiS
- I've never had to deal with a group I review on the Wonderland disbanding. But I feel like I should do something for BiS since they are one of my favorite idol groups. It's kind of like an... idol obituary. Oh shit, that sounds morbid; okay, something a little different from that. What I'm thinking is writing a post about why I like them and what kind of impact they've had on me and the Wonderland. Maybe I'll go over something great about each member of the group and all their singles. I don't know, I haven't really planned out details as of now, but I've got a few ideas. I'll probably post this either the day of their disbandment or the day after. Depending on my mood.

Moon Pride Single Review
- All right, Momoiro Clover Z, you aren't completely out of my good graces. Naitemo Iin da yo was disappointing song to say the least, but their next single looks promising! Why? Because it contains the theme song for Sailor freaking Moon. However, I was under the impression that MomoClo was just covering Moonlight Densetsu. I have since been corrected. Which I admit is kind of a bummer; I still remember the English version from the English dub I watched as a kid. The single will also contain the reboot's ending theme, Gekkou, along with one other song titled Moon Revenge. So who knows? Maybe this will be a pretty cool single!

My Top 20 BiS Songs
- Before disbandment though, I also want to go over my personal favorite BiS songs! I was going through my song library and started wondering how many songs BiS has recorded. And tallying up singles, albums, collaboration singles, and guest appearances, BiS have a ton of songs. Like over sixty. They've only been around for four years, but you can't deny that they've left quite a large discography behind. So yes, coming up with my twenty favorite BiS songs shouldn't be much of a challenge. I've got them all picked out; what I need to do now is figure out rankings. I've got my top five down pat. It's the other 15 that still need working out.

Natsu no Free&Easy PV Review
- While I continue to no longer give a shit about AKB48, I will give a shit about Nogizaka46! Mainly because they're releasing a new single in about a week, and I need to review this PV. I didn't have time last month, but I've been planning on reviewing Natsu no Free&Easy. I've written a few parts of it, but I still have a lot to work on. The first week of July, I'm gonna be focusing on BiS (what with being gone forever and all that jazz). So I don't know if I'll have to write this review. Who knows? Maybe one night I'll get most of it done. Ideally, I'd like to have this review out before July 9, when the single's released, but I'll have to play it by ear.

Pikapika Fantajin Album Review
- Kyarypamyupamyu, Queen of Never Taking a Break, is releasing her third album already! And I figured I oughta review it. Because... well, just because! The album's got a few A-sides on it I like, and at the least I figure Pikapika Fantajin will be catchy. All I'm hoping for is that the album songs on Pikapika Fantajin are better than Nanda Collection's. I think Kyary's having a listening party for Pikapika Fantajin sometime this week (it may be tomorrow). If I were a good little reviewer, I would get up at 8 in the morning to see this stream. Unfortunately, it's summer, and I'm lazy. I can wait until July 9 to hear Pikapika Fantajin.

Summer Kaijuu Single Review
- I couldn't review Kus Kus's single, because it was never uploaded to Jpopsuki. Which is a bummer. I'd still like to hear the other songs on Koi Moyou... looks like it'll be a long time before that ever happens, if ever. But that's okay! Because I can review another single from a new technopop trio! That's right, there's a new technopop trio in town! That trio is Cupitron, and you can go ahead and look them up if you want. Actually, I've written most of this single; well, apart from actually the song itself and the verdict. I'm also waiting for someone to upload this single to Jpopsuki. Damn. I need a job. Or Kus Kus and Cupitron need to sell their music on iTunes US.

Tada Naite PV Review
- I'm not sure if I'm gonna review Uryaoi!!! (yes, it's a compilation album) or just review the PV for the one new song on the album. I am also reviewing Pikapika Fantajin, and both albums are released within a week of each other. I haven't even started working on a review to Uryaoi!!! Besides, many of the songs on Uryaoi!!! I've already talked about in other BiS reviews. It is a best-of album. Some of BiS's early stuff is on there, but I can always review that in a Time Capsule Review. The more I write, the more I'm leaning towards Tada Naite. It's the last song by BiS after all, and the last new PV. I think that deserves a proper PV review.

Yoake no Ryuuseigun Single Review
- Right on schedule, Scandal has a single coming out this month! And the release date happens to share the same release date as Cling Cling. And the A-side is the theme song for a Pokemon movie! I admit, I feel a little monotonous doing another single review of a Scandal single. But I've seen the PV for Yoake no Ryuuseigun (and listened to one of the B-sides), and a single review would work better. I think I could make a PV review out of it, but I think it would be a very dry PV review. Besides, there are multiple B-sides on this Scandal, which I haven't seen since Taiyou Scandalous! So yeah, hopefully Yoake no Ryuuseigun will be an enjoyable single!

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE, say that you will review ℃-ute's The Power PV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I wasn't planning on it, but now that I've seen the PV, I think I will! Once a subtitles-less version gets uploaded to Jpopsuki, that is.

      Delete