Monday, June 23, 2014

America at Last!!!

PERFUME IS COMING TO AMERICA. IT'S HAPPENING. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING. THEY WILL BE PERFORMING. IN. AMERICA!!!

AMERICA!!! THAT'S WHERE I LIVE!

AMERICA!

Okay, I gotta calm down. I feel like I've been on the verge of levitating off the ground I'm so euphoric! Yes, today it was announced that Perfume would be holding their 3rd World Tour in late 2014! Well, at first it was a rumor in a newspaper called Daily Sport. But then, just a mere hours later, it was confirmed. Perfume will be touring in the following five locations:

10/31: Taiwan - Taipei International Convention Center
11/02: Singapore - Resorts World™ Theatre, Resorts World Sentosa
11/09: Los Angeles - Hollywood Palladium
11/12: London - Eventim Apollo Hammersmith
11/15: New York City - Hammerstein Ballroom

Notice how two of those locations are in AMERICA! AMERICA!!! Where I live! And where many other Perfume fans live. I'd always guessed that LA and NYC would be the two locations Perfume would hit. If they ever came to the US. For the longest time, I thought they were never going to come here, but they are! This is really happening! This isn't just some dream I had! I have to keep telling myself, "This is real, they're really coming, you have a chance of going!" Seeing the locations listed for Perfume's first two world tours was kind of a bummer. I was happy for other fans who got to see them, but I couldn't but feel a pang of envy. I've been a fan of Perfume for such a long time now, and I never thought I'd even have a remote chance of seeing them live. But for the first time since their formation, they're performing in my country! And for the first time, I have the teensiest, tiniest chance of seeing them live. It would be amazing to see their choreography, their special effects, and I'd hope they do the projection mapping technology in their past concerts! And just being able to meet other Perfume fans would be just wonderful. When you live in the middle of nowhere, it's kind of hard to come across people who are also into a Japanese technopop group.

Real talk though, I don't know if I'll be able to go. New York City is closer than London or Singapore, but still a very long way from where I live. I've traveled to NYC before, and I have relatives who live close by. So I know I'd have a place to stay. The tricky part is finding a flight and coming up with the money for that flight. I've talked it over with my parents, and they'd be okay with me going under two conditions. First: I have to buy the flight tickets. I've got a few schemes in my head that I can try out this summer so I'll have to see how that pans out. Second: I can't go alone. I need to find a friend (preferably one interested in Perfume) to go with me. The second one may be a bit trickier. As I've said too many times already, I am going to college in less than two months. Maybe in a campus filled with different people from different places I can meet someone else who likes Perfume, or at least J-pop enough to go see Perfume with me. But I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to, or that I won't be able to wrack up the courage to ask. I don't know what will happen, but for now, I'm staying optimistic. For the first time, there are a network of possibilities, which is more than I can say for the first two world tours.

If I'm not able to go, then I still wish all the best for all the other American fans who have waited! As of now, tickets are not available for purchase, but if you've been a World PTA member since June 9, or earlier, you can parcticipate in the pre-sale lottery! Which just means you can enter for a chance to win two snazzy tickets to one of these concerts! As for the rest of us, we'll have to buy the tickets the old fashioned way. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: I almost forgot! Perfume aired the short version of Cling Cling today on Perfume Locks! I swear that went one ear and out the other once the announcement for the 3rd World Tour came out... The girls said on Locks! that Cling Cling had kind of an oriental sound, and I'm definitely picking up on that in the radio rip. The chorus is very catchy and a little more high-pitched for Perfume. I admit, the verses aren't as impressive as the chorus. Honestly, Cling Cling isn't grabbing me quite as quickly as Display did. But I like it more than Hold Your Hand! And it's miles better than Sweet Refrain. I get the feeling that Cling Cling will grow on me the more I listen to it. Besides, I haven't even heard the full version yet! Maybe there's a sick bridge between the third and last chorus! The music video hasn't even been released yet, and that teaser looked promising. I'll hold final judgement until I watch the music video (or hear the song in its entirety). Either way, things are looking exciting in Perfume's future! With the single, the tour... They'd better not announce an album or I might just fall off the earth in joy!

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see Perfume in concert for a while (seeing as I have been obsessed with them for over 6 months now, discovering them in January), and I want to go to the Hollywood one (that's the closest for me) but I can't go... It's a school night for me (Sun, Nov. 9) and I'm flat broke to pay for airfare and tickets...and also no one I know is into Perfume like me and would be willing to come with me and pay. I'm kinda sad that I'm gonna miss this opportunity to see Perfume live....hope you get to go, because I've noticed you've wanted to see them in America for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry ;A; That really sucks. The convenient thing about the NYC show is that it's on Saturday so I could leave Friday evening, stay all day Saturday and then come back on Sunday and not miss any classes. But that doesn't help you... God, I'm so sorry, I wish there was something I could do for you. In a perfect world, every Perfume fan would be able to go to a Perfume concert from Australia to Russia to Argentina! Shame that world's imaginary...

      Delete
  2. You may have difficulty finding people who like Japanese music. If your college has a Japan club you may be able to find someone, but Japan clubs tend to be overwhelmingly dominated by anime fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping to find someone who can just tolerate technopop. I know anime's more popular than actual J-pop... which is inconvenient...

      Delete