Friday, May 23, 2014

Sotsugyou!

I don't like to go into extensive detail about my personal life, but I just wanted to let all you lovely readers know that I am now a high school graduate!

And I have the hat and diploma to prove it!

I bring this up on the Wonderland, because it's a big deal. Not just for me personally, but for my future in the world and for blogging as well. I've said several times that I don't know how college will affect my blogging frequency. I do know that around midterms and final exams, I'm gonna be swamped. But outside of academics, I wonder what else I'll be doing, especially my first semester. Will I do more social stuff? More reading? It'll be so strange living on my own away from my family for the first time. I think I'm capable of doing it, but I now there are going to be challenges that I'll have to face alone. And that kind of intimidates me, along with all the differences of being a high school student and a college student. I've known several blogs that have pretty much shut down after their writers went off to college. Will that happen to the Wonderland? I hope not! I love writing on this blog and I love that you guys like my writing! It's wonderful reading feedback and different opinions about a genre of music that isn't popular at all where I live. All I can say is that I promise I will do my best to keep blogging as a college student, but I warn you that there will probably be times where I have to lay off. Just know that I don't mean to, and that life will get in the way.

Other than that, I am so happy to be done with high school. I've been in school for twelve years, and to be done with all that work and stress is very... weird. Honestly, I feel kind of empty. Not the bad kind of empty, but like I've just shed an old, worn skin for a new one. This summer is going to be that weird limbo between high school and college for me. Of course, obviously life isn't going to magically get easier after graduation. I know that things are going to be hard for me in college and beyond, and I'll probably encounter some of the same hardships that I faced in high school. In fact, I'm expecting it. Nothing will be easy, but it's still nice to be done with something that took so long to complete. I mean, I've been in school for over half my life. Sure, sometimes, it's driven me crazy, but it has been a constant. It's been a place to bond with friends to cope through all the nonsensical moments, and I've learned a lot of things! Some of that stuff I probably won't ever need to know in the future, but it was still nice having the privilege to learn that. Like these past two years, I've gotten to take actual college classes alongside my required high school classes. Today, I've graduated from high school, but I'm entering college with roughly 40 hours of college credits under my belt. Which is amazing, because I'll have less required classes to take.

Anyways, that's all I really wanna say about graduating. College is still a few months away, so I want to spend this summer doing the things I love, blogging included! Right now I'm exhausted and relieved and happy and a lot of other emotions that I haven't quite untwisted yet. I think now I'm just gonna go listen to some idol graduation songs like Sakura Nakamichi by Whiteberry, 10nen Zakura by AKB48, Sotsugyou by Zone, all those happy idol graduation songs. And maybe even a few more serious ones like Sakura Goodbye by Scandal and Sakura no Ki ni Narou by AKB48. I will ask though if you guys have any sakura/graduation idol songs that you like!

4 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuyoRmjpGQA
    Sakura no Ame, a VOCALOID graduation song.
    By now, every single school there had this song on graduation day.

    And this song was made in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Vocaloid. I don't follow Vocaloid stuff that much, but they have one or two songs I find kinda cool! I like this song, it's sweet! Kind of long... still, very pretty though!

      Delete
  2. School in the south ends in May. Right, I keep forgetting about that. I know what this calls for!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmXXFs6Pi6Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my school just starts and ends really early. Most southern schools let out in early to mid-June. Still earlier than northern schools though! And AYAYA!!! I love this song, it's so adorable! And Ayaya just sounds wonderful when she performs it.

      Delete