Sunday, December 1, 2013

Nia's State of the Wonderland: December 2013


Happy holidays, Wonderlings! Grab your tinsel, put on your Santa hat, break out the gingerbread cookies, because it is December on the Wonderland! Fa-la-la-la-la~! Not only is a great month because of all the lovely holiday festivities, but also because I only have two weeks of school left! Oh, sweet bliss awaits me in Christmas break. Oh, and once I'm out for the break, I'll hopefully be able to write more stuff on the Wonderland! Because the road to the break is not easy. Not this week, but the week after, I have exams. Luckily, I only have three, but I still have other things I need to do alongside that. But once I get all that out of the way, I'll be in the clear to kick back, relax, and enjoy the holidays! It's just getting there. Oh, it's fun being a senior. Anyways, something else that's also significant about the month of December is that it's the final month of 2013! Hence it is also the last month for any idol releases this year! And some of you probably remember what I did last year for 2012: a year-end megapost!!! It's gonna be huge. And awesome. And I'll probably go crazy trying to finish it, but it's totally gonna be worth it. Before that happens though, I want to finish up all my miscellaneous reviews before 2014 arrives, along with a few Christmas-related reviews. So as always, here is a tentative list of posts that I'm working on for December:

A Cheapskate's Guide to Buying Idol Merch
- I know, this editorial is still alive! Can you believe it? I can! I kind of left this in my drafts for awhile, and only now have I finally come back and started actually writing in it. I figured since December is the month where many people are buying presents, some of you guys out there are probably looking to buy idol merch. Hence I find it very appropriate to devote an entire post about my own personal tips when buying idol merch! And as a someone who has a slightly more conservative view on buying idol merch, I hope that I can provide helpful advice to any of my other fellow cheapskates who read this blog!

French Kiss PV Review
- I have to admit I'm rather surprised at the lack of Christmas PVs this year. Well... the groups I review aren't exactly releasing many. Then again, I guess it's pretty proportional to the Christmas PVs from last year. As long as there's not another Samui ne! Kara is one of the few groups that released a Christmas PV though, despite the fact that the song is called French Kiss...I guess it could refer to French kissing under the mistletoe! Although I remain a casual fan of Kara, I do like their PVs, and I would like to at least bring a little Christmas spirit to the Wonderland. So this PV's perfect for that!

Holly-Jolly PV Week
- From the fabulous and vivacious blog that brought you Sexy PV Week comes... HOLLY-JOLLY PV WEEK!!! All right so maybe this isn't going to be as sexy as Sexy PV Week but... come one! It's Christmas! What's a better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to look at seven lovely idol PVs revolving around all the warm fuzziness that makes up the holiday season? I've already got all the PVs picked out and figured out the lineup. What's going to happen is I'll start Holly-Jolly PV Week the week before Christmas then have the last PV on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Stay tuned!

Jejejejet! Album Review
- I kind of wish I'd reviewed One World last year, so to make up for not reviewing that, I figure the least I can do is review Passpo's latest album this year! I will admit at the moment, I'm not very sold on this album. The covers in my opinion look really cheap. However, I do like that the album will contain nine new songs even if I get the feeling that the first track is going to be an opening instrumental. Who knows? I'll reserve my full judgement for when I listen to the actual album. I haven't exactly been very impressed with Passpo this year so I really am hoping that Jejejejet! is a good album.

Nia's Best (and Worst) of 2013 and Other Year-End Posts
- Can you believe we're already nearing the end of 2013? I could have sworn I was scrambling to make my year-end posts for 2012 just a few weeks ago! I've already begun a lot of work on the Year-End Megapost, adding some new categories, taking out some old ones, and making some graphics for it. The post is gonna be huge, which is why I've been working on it since October. As of now, I'm making good progress! There are also a few other miscellaneous year-end posts I'll write, but I'll start those more towards the end of December. Probably during Christmas Break!

Pinpoint Album Review
- Bump.y's first original album!? You know I'm down for that! I can't believe it took them this long to get an album though. I mean, yeah, they had the cover album and compilation album, but neither one of those is an original album. I'm a fan of Bump.y, and I feel that as a fan, the best thing I can do is give Pinpoint a listen! I've already seen the tracklist for the album, and I'm pretty excited! Now the hard part is waiting. Pinpoint won't be released until December 18, so this will probably be one of my later reviews. Still, I will do my best to review this album as soon as possible, and definitely before the new year!

Suzukake no Ki no Michi de "Kimi no Hohoemi wo Yume ni Miru" to Itteshimattara Bokutachi no Kankei wa Dou Kawatteshimau no ka, Bokunari ni Nannichi ka Kangaeta Ue de no Yaya Kihazukashii Ketsuron no You na Mono PV Review
- Get a big fat eyeful of that full title because that's the last time you're going to see me write that entire thing out! I will elaborate on my opinions regarding the uh... "title" of AKB48's Janken single when I actually review the PV. As of now though, the full PV has yet to come out, and I'm a little surprised that it hasn't yet. I don't know, I guess the preview's out, so I do have a pretty general idea of what the PV's going to be like. And I've also listened to the entire song. You all know how I feel about AKB48's Janken songs, so you probably have a good idea of how my review will sound... or do you?

6 comments:

  1. It will be lovely if you review Kara, since Nicole will be leaving the group very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it final that Nicole is leaving Kara? I knew that she hadn't renewed her contract with DSP, but I also heard that she still wanted to continue her activities with Kara... I don't know what's going on, but either way, I'm reviewing French Kiss!

      Delete
  2. A lot to look forward to. Things sure look busy. Especially in a month where you have to study for exams! I'll admit though, I am a little disappointed to see there isn't any upcoming post where you lay out the perfect playlist of songs for running away from zombies, as hinted at in your C-ute review. Ganbatte, Nia! Think of the lives you might save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are incredibly busy! But it always gets this way in December, all the planning and reviews. Alas, no zombie playlist! Maybe when October rolls back around!

      Delete
  3. If you think things are hard now just wait until you get senioritis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I can't even wrap my head around getting senioritis. I'm so high-strung about college apps and grades and everything...

      Delete