Sunday, August 25, 2013

Team 4 Reborn and More!

Yes, you heard it here, you heard it all around the idolsphere, Team 4, the once-discontinued AKB48 team, has been revived! Happy day! It has risen triumphantly from the ashes like a glorious phoenix reborn after its defeat!

And at the head of that phoenix is Minegishi Minami.

What? I'm in a good mood! Let me have my fun!

You know that wonderful, bubbly feeling you get inside your stomach when you're in a really good mood? Almost as if you feel like you could burst into a rainbow of sparkles and glitter you feel so gosh darn elated even though you can put your finger on just why. That's kind of how I feel right now! I mean more information about Level 3 is coming out soon, some really good singles are going to be released, and now, Team 4 has been revived! To be honest, I probably wouldn't be quite as excited for this news if it weren't for the fact that Minegishi Minami has been promoted to captain of Team 4. Because Miichan, my favorite member of AKB48 (now that Akimoto Sayaka's flown the coop), was not only promoted out of Kenkyuusei, she was assigned the role of captain to Team 4. Flipping captain! Leader of a team! Borne the responsibility of heading a newly revived team filled with the 13th and 14th generations of now-promoted Kenkyuusei.

Despite the fact that I know absolutely none of the girls in KKS, I'm still happy for all of them, but most of all, I'm happy for Miichan. It's kind of funny now; she's been in Teams A, K, and B now, along with KKS. Quite the team hopper, huh? Seriously though, words can't proper convey how happy I am that Miichan was promoted. In February, I was absolutely livid at the "scandal" she'd been involved with and how it had taken a toll on her position in AKB48. Partially because of the sheer ridiculousness of the scandal and also because of how she'd reacted to it. The fact that she felt inclined to shave her head as penance for something that really shouldn't even have been a big deal really spun me up, and for the first time, I found myself taking issue with the "no dating" rule set by AKS and other idol groups outside of that company. But life goes on, and there was nothing I could do about Miichan's punishment beyond hoping that somehow she could bounce back. And very slowly, I think she has. She managed to keep a decent ranking in Senbatsu, and now she's been promoted back into the group. Maybe that's not Sashihara Rino levels of redemption, but I think Miichan's making a promising start to gaining the position she had in AKB48.

As for Team 4, I'm curious to see if they'll stick around this time. When Team 4 was first created, it didn't exactly get the same attention as Teams A, K, and B. If I recall, I don't even think it got its own stage. Not a lot of the girls in Team 4 received much promotion and it never really felt like it was part of AKB48. At least not in the same way the other teams did. So when the team shuffle was announced and Team 4 was disbanded, I wasn't exactly sad about it. In fact, I was just reeling over the shuffle anyways, so I didn't even have the attention span to get too melancholic about the end of Team 4. Does getting wistful for Team 4 when Hashire! Penguin was #1 at Request Hour count? With all these new members, I can't help but get intrigued as to see which ones will get pushed and which ones won't. They're all pretty much on the same playing ground being former KKS and all, except for Miichan. I do hope that Miichan gets included in Senbatsu, or at least Undergirls for future AKB48 singles, especially since she's captain now.

Then again, she might end up in the same position as Umeda Ayaka and barely get into Senbatsu despite the title of captain. Really, I don't know, but at the moment, I'd like to think that there's hope for Miichan. I think if anyone deserves a second chance, she does, and that's not just because she's my favorite member of AKB48. Miichan's too wonderful and too bright to fade into obscurity, and I hope that she'll be able to step up into a good captain role as Team 4 develops. Who knows? Maybe in the next few years, Team 4 will become and established team for AKB48, alongside A, K, and B. Maybe a Team 8 will be created! Maybe Akimoto Sayaka will go on to become an extremely famous actress in Japan! Who knows!? The future seems bright right now, and I'd like to cherish that while this outlook still lasts. With three of AKB48's most popular members having graduated, I do wonder how that's going to shape AKB48's Senbatsu for the next single to come. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see! I've got my fingers crossed that AKB48's fall single is a good one; UZA was underwhelming, and I'd like a redemption song from that.


So yeah. That's pretty awesome. Well... in other news, Perfume Locks! is coming on tomorrow! And you know what that means? I'll give you a hint: it's not about Level 1 or Level 2. That's right, Level 3 information is coming our way!! Well, in a way. A new song from the album is going to be aired on Perfume Locks! tomorrow along with the full version of Party Maker. We previously heard a brief, 15-second snippet of Party Maker aired for a commercial, but beyond that, nothing else. In fact, beyond Party Maker, I haven't heard too much about this album. No tracklist, covers, nada. I do know that apparently the limited edition has three differently colored slipcases that vary with whichever one you buy. But that still doesn't give me a lot to go on. Considering the album is being released in a little over a month, I'm certain that we'll be getting a lot more information soon! Who knows? Maybe even tomorrow we'll get a tracklist! Perfume Locks! airs at 11:05 pm JST which means it'll be airing at 10:05 am in the area I am.

Which unfortunately means... I won't be able to catch it. I'm in school at that time. I swear, this happens every time something important is going to be aired on Perfume Locks! whether it be school, no Wifi, vacationing... agh, I'm never going to reach a point where I can listen to it live, am I? If you are of the lucky people that can catch the broadcast though, a stream of it can be found here. Just tune in during the right time, and soon you'll be jamming to Party Maker and the new album song! As for me, I can wait. I've done a lot more waiting than this, so waiting a few hours to hear the new songs isn't going to kill me! As we near September, I can feel my excitement building for Level 3. I just can't wait to see the covers, read the tracklist, hear the album... and most of all, I can't wait to review it! Oh yes, I think you all know that Level 3 is at the top of my review list. All I can do now is eagerly await its release!

Well. That was a hodgepodge of news. To sum this mishmash of a news post up... Team 4's back, Miichan's been given a second chance, and Perfume still rocks my socks! What a time to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment