Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nia's State of the Wonderland - June 2013


Well guys, the month of May has come and gone and now we're finally in the month of June! I've always had a soft spot for June. And why not? It's usually when school lets out and summer leisure activities can begin. Of course, there's also that other kinda-sorta-important thing that happens this month. What am I talking about? My birthday! Yep, in a few days, I'll be turning seventeen! Then I'll be one year closer to being a legal adult! I might write a small-ish post about my birthday on the Wonderland... would that be too personal? I mean, I do want to talk about how getting older might effect how much I post on the Wonderland and stuff so... I don't know, if I have time, I might post something! Anyways, outside of more personal posts, June is also the month in which the results for AKB48's 5th Senbatsu election will be revealed and the idolsphere will be sent into a frenzy! Yeah, lock your doors and bolt your windows on June 8th; things are gonna get crazy if the prelims are any indication of how the actual results will turn out! At the moment, I don't have too many posts planned for the Wonderland but then again, it's only the beginning of the month, and I'm sure I'll have more stuff to write about the further we get into June! Just to let you guys know, I do start a theatre program in late June, so I might not write quite as much around then! And I'm also going to the beach with my family the week before. So yeah... we'll see how much writing I get done this month! For now, here are the posts I've planned on writing so far!

The AKB48 Hierarchy Conundrum
- What's this? Nia's doing another editorial? It would appear so! And this one's focused around AKB48! I think I'm going to work a little more on this editorial after the results for this year's Senbatsu election come out, mainly because it ties into it. I've actually had this editorial idea for about a month now; I just need the proper settings to trigger an active desire to write about it! I think the results of the Senbatsu election will give me the proper fuel I need since a lot o the points I want to bring up in this editorial revolve around the election and how it's handled. So yeah, I hope you editorial-lovers look forward to this one!

Bokura no Eureka PV Review
- So most of you probably know that Jpopsuki.tv is down and it's not going to be back up for an unspecified period of time. As someone who used this website to screencap a lot of her PVs... this is very disheartening. Now what I'll have to do is download the actual PVs I want to screencap, which is going to take up a lot of space on my already-overflowing hard drive. How does this tie in to NMB48's summer PV? Well, I have to find this full PV first and then download, or screencap it off one of those lower-quality video-sharing websites. Not sure what I'm going to do about this review, but I'll find a way! I really want to look at this PV too, so I can assure you a review's coming. I'm just not sure when...

DiE PV Review
- Much like Bokura no Eureka, I have no idea when I'm going to be able to review the latest PV from Brand-new idol Society! And believe me, I really do want to review the PV for DiE; there's a lot of material I can talk about in it, and I want to talk about the new members of BiS too! However, the only available PV right now is the Special Edit version on Avex's channel. Not exactly the ideal PV I want to screencap. I intend to wait and see if a DL link for the full PV will pop up anytime soon, but if I get to like halfway through June and still no full PV available, I'll probably just screencap the Special Edit PV.

Nanda Collection Album Review
- Eh, what the hell? I might as well take a look at Kyarypamyupamyu's latest album. I always feel like I have that approach whenever I think about reviewing anything by Kyary! I don't know why! I guess it might be because I'm not as huge a fan of Kyary as I am of Perfume. In fact, I even think I like MEG better than Kyary. Still, she's a borderline idol (even though she herself doesn't identify as one) and I kind of grazed over Pamyu Pamyu Revolution. I'll probably be going into the off season of electropop releases so the least I can do is listen to Nanda Collection. Then I'll see if it's an album worth reviewing or not!

Subtitles and Why They're More of a Pain Than You'd Think
- When the PV for Juice=Juice's Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru came out on the group's official Youtube channel, I thought about writing about the subtitles in the PV. I also contemplating just going ahead and reviewing the PV but in the end decided against that as well. Now the PV for Berryz Koubou's Golden Chinatown has come out, and with it, the urge for me to rant about why these newly added subtitles on Hello! Project's official PVs are a pain in my ass. I guess you could call this an editorial but it's more of a rant disguised as a news post and partially a review. Call it what you want.

4 comments:

  1. Bokura no Eureka official video, not sure how long the video stay on YouTube. Be quick if you want to screen cap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxmDObQ0UA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's DL'ed and saved into my Videos folder!

      Delete
  2. Please publish the akb election editorial soon! I really want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it! As I say, editorials take time and motivation, both of which I'm rather short on right now. But the election editorial is coming along! Slowly but surely coming along...

      Delete