Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nia's State of the Wonderland - May 2013

IT'S MAY! IT'S FINALLY MAY!


Why, you ask, am I so excited about the fact that April is over? BECAUSE SCHOOL IS ALMOST OUT! THAT'S WHY! And I'm serious, school for me is so close to letting out. My college classes end on May 7th and my one high school class ends on May 3rd. I'm almost done with all my final exams and projects and then glorious, burden-free summer lays ahead of me! In just a week, my junior year will be over and Nia will finally be a senior! A flipping senior! How crazy is that!? I'm so close I can almost taste it. Now obviously this means in the next week, I probably won't write much if anything at all but after this week and a bit of next week, it's smooth sailing for the Wonderland! Actually, this week has been particularly hellish for me so far since all my exams have been this week along with my final projects and papers being due. Hence, as you may have noticed, I wasn't able to write too much in April especially towards the latter part of last month since I had so much work to do. Hey, school comes before idol blogging. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around but I gotta do well in school. It's my only chance of actually getting out of the crapsack town I live in. Believe me, once this week is over and I'm out of school, things will start picking back up in the Wonderland again... big things... but I won't tell you specifically what for now! But here are some of the posts I intend on writing for this month and possibly June!

Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne Single Review
- Say hi to a Scandal review again, guys! Yeah yeah, I know like five of you readers actually give a shit about Scandal but I still like to review their music! And now that I've seen the PV for their latest song, Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne, I think it's about time I reviewed something else by them! Technically, I could actually just go ahead and review this single before its release date since the PV has been released along with the single's B-side. I might do that, but I have a huge list of things I need to review so it all depends on when I can get this done. Hopefully it'll be this month though...

The Derailment of Nia's Opinion Toward AKB48
- I'm not sure what I'm supposed to classify this post as. I guess it's an editorial but I do talk about Sayonara Crawl quite a bit in it so I guess it's also a news post? Kinda-sorta-ish? Whatever you want to call it, I think it's pretty clear just what this post is going to be about from the title. You see, over the past few months, my positive opinion of AKB48 has been on a decline. Why? Well, this post is going to tell you! It's pretty much just my own personal analysis of what has happened to make me go from really liking AKB48 to balancing on a constant line between liking the group and loathing it.

Early Senbatsu Predictions
- When I say early Senbatsu predictions, I'm talking about the prediction I intend to make after the preliminary results for AKB48's 5th Senbatsu elections drop. Hence I wouldn't expect this post until after May 22nd, when Sayonara Crawl is released. I always like to keep a close eye on the Senbatsu elections, especially to see if there are any interesting results and I do look forward to finding out what the prelims are. It gives me a nice idea of how the initial elections are turning out and it's fun to look back and see how different the final results are from the prelims!

Four Idol Blogs I Wish Were Still Around
-  With this post, I'll be going back to the past, to a time when I had no idol blog and all I did was follow them. You see, before I formed the Wonderland, I had a good list of idol blogs that I followed for a variety of reasons such as news, review, opinions, etc. And the four blogs I'm writing about in this post were some of my favorites; unfortunately, none of them have been active in a long time. So I thought I'd pay tribute to them and honor four idol blogs that have been long gone now. Think of it as kind of an... idol blog obituary! Egads, that's kind of a morbid way to put it though... oh well!

Invader Invader PV Review
- Meh, I'll probably review the latest from Kyarypamyupamyu. After all, her PVs usually have something interesting to offer whether it be giant fish, singing onions or LSD visuals. I actually wonder if this PV will have kind of an alien/sci-fi theme to it since the song is called Invader Invader. And I also do like what I've heard of the song. Knowing me, I'll probably relent and decide to review the PV for Invader Invader... that is if Perfume doesn't get in the way! Which they probably will because Perfume trumps Kyary in the Nia Review Policy Handbook. Still, I'm definitely looking forward to Kyary's next PV, even if I don't review it!

Koi no Love Sunshine Single Review
- Okay, honestly this single review's coming pretty late since Weather Girls doesn't release Koi no Love Sunshine until June. At the moment, I'm actually still on the fence about reviewing the PV or the single for Koi no Love Sunshine. Because on one hand, this is a summer PV and nothing's more fun than taking a look at this year's crop of idol summer PVs but on the other hand, I'm sure how much of a review I can generate with this song and PV. What I mean is, I can sum up my opinion of Koi no Love Sunshine in just a single review but I don't know, I might be able to make a PV review out of this one... we'll see!

Magic of Love PV Review/Single Review
- Do you know who good it feels to have the anticipation that Perfume is releasing another single so shortly after Mirai no Museum? Ah, I love it so much! And now that I've heard the entire song, now all I have to look forward to is the PV and listening to the overall single! I think the PV will be released fairly soon, probably in a week or two. And then a week or so later the entire single will come out and I'll get to re-examine Magic of Love along with the B-side, Handy Man! Anyways, you guys know who I get when Perfume is releasing something so I'm REALLY excited this month!

Sayonara Crawl PV Review
- What's that? The director of Heavy Rotation is directing the PV for Sayonara Crawl? Count me in for a review then! Yes, despite my declining positive opinion of AKB48 as a whole and especially their current musical output, I'm looking forward to seeing what the PV for Sayonara Crawl has to offer. I think the song is a bland piece of shit (but then again, I've said that about the past four AKB48 A-sides) but will the PV be able to salvage this forgettable summer track? I don't know but from what I've seen of the PV previews, I'm intrigued to see just how the final product is going to turn out.

Surprise Post that I Won't Give Details about
- Ohohoho, what kind of surprise could I possibly have in mind for you lovely readers? YOU SHALL NOT FIND OUT! MWAHAHAHA!!! But seriously, I don't want to give too much away about this little surprise post but here are some hints: it's nothing I have ever done before on the Wonderland. And guess what? It involves you! Yes, you! How, you ask, is this going to involve the readers of my humble little blog? Ohohoho, only time will tell! Stay tuned for this surprise post of mine because you guys are in for a treat!

Unmei PV Review
- The latest PV from Tokyo Girls' Style actually came out yesterday! What a pleasant surprise for me! I'm a fan of Tokyo Girls' Style's more mature... erm... style actually! I think they usually release some pretty good songs and I think the members of the group are very talented! You might as well call them SweetS 2.0 But I digress. Anyways, their latest single, Unmei/Wonderful Smile comes out on June 5th (the birthday of moi) so I might review the overall single too! Maybe. But right now I definitely have Unmei on my PV review list, because believe me I got some things I want to talk about with this PV...

2 comments:

  1. I forgot you live in the south. Over here in the northeast the school year ends in late June. That's not relevant to me since I'm out of K-12 education.

    It's pretty obvious what your secret is. You've signed with Amuse and will be pursuing a career as an idol.

    Also I'm Hashiyuka, in case you were wondering who this random person commenting on your blog was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, yes... I still think it's so surreal that northern schools get out so late though!

      How did you know I was going to be an idol!?

      I was kind of wondering who you were (I also think that with frequent commentors). Good to know I can put a name with you now! And thanks for commenting a lot!

      Delete