Sunday, November 25, 2012

Break Out your Maracas Because Perfume's Releasing Something New!


What? I couldn't find any pictures of Perfume holding maracas so I made one. Deal with it.

Finally finally finally we've gotten some news about new material from Perfume! I swear it feels like ages since Spending all my time was released and I was starting to get a little anxious to hear what the beloved techno trio was going to embark on next. I knew they were doing a world tour which was really just a continental tour but as long as my feet are firmly planted on a different continent and I lack a passport, that doesn't really do much for me. However, it was announced that Perfume was going to reveal something at their last concert in Singapore so I was hoping we'd get some news about what they were doing next. What would it be? A new album? A new single? An expansion of the tour to actually make it a world tour? Of course it wouldn't be that last one but on the up side we did get an announcement for a new song! That's even better in my opinion! I feel like every time Perfume goes for a few months without releasing anything I get really anxious and impatient for whatever they're going to put out next! This time around, the group is having a song that will be used as a tie-in for the movie Nobita no Himitsu Dougu Hakubutsukan (Museum). Something else to note is the movie stars popular children's character Doraemon and it's targeted at kids. Now I have no idea who the hell Doraemon is but from what I've gathered, he's kind of like the Mickey Mouse of Japan. I found a picture of the character and he seems to be pretty adorable; I'm sure that's why the kids love them! But I don't care about Doraemon; I care about Perfume and their music! And having this song be a tie-in to such an iconic children's mascot does put a bit of a damper on what the group can release. What I'm trying to say is I don't think Mirai no Museum is going to be edge (2012-mix). I'm wouldn't say I'm disappointed (Point and Hurly Burly are amazing and they were both tie-ins) but I do wish Nakata would write a song for the sake of writing a song and not so it can fit with X Ad for candy or Y Ad for adult beverages.

However, I always get a little excited when I find out Perfume's releasing something, regardless of the circumstances. As I said in the last paragraph, the song is titled Mirai no Museum (that's Future Museum in English!) and the movie is set to be released March 9 in 2013. So hopefully if the world doesn't end that means that the song will be released some time in mid to late February which means a rip of the song in late January to early February! Maybe. I really hope so! It's still too early to really give a lot of details about the this new release; I don't even know if it's an A-side or a B-side or something else entirely. Still, when it comes to Perfume I just can't hold my curiosity back! Besides, there's already a lot of speculation over in Perfume City about what the song's going to sound like among other things. Main speculations are that Mirai no Future will either sound like something cute and adorable a la Communication or something still upbeat but a little more futuristic like Electro World or Computer City. Now personally, I would really be elated if this new song sounded like Electro World; that's one of my favorite songs Perfume's ever released and I've always wanted another song like it. Besides, Future Museum is a really cool title; there's a possibility we might get some coolness from Nakata. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this song was cute and adorable; it is a tie-in for a kids' film and we all know that 95% of kids' films wouldn't be kids' films without insanely cute and catchy songs. Now I'm not really so sure I want this Communication-esque direction from Perfume; Communication's not one of my favorite songs by Perfume but if I'm in the right mood I can listen to it! But I don't think I need another song like it. I honestly don't know what direction Nakata's going with but I do hope it brings out an interesting song for Perfume!

Right now everything is just speculation and I don't want to jump to any conclusions or raise my hopes up too much but... I can't help it! I'm really excited! I can just feel my Perfumania building back up again! I just hope this song isn't as disappointing as Spending all my time... oh well, I don't know yet! Just let me shake my maracas and be happy that my favorite group ever is releasing something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment