Saturday, September 8, 2012

Odds and Ends -A Weekend Wrap-Up-


What in the hell is this?

I'll bet that, fair reader, is what you're asking yourself right now! Is it a digest? Political propaganda? A Perfume picspam? Nope, it's something I'm trying out! I was sitting at my computer thinking "Boy golly gee, I really need to write some stuff!" But the problem was... there was so much to write about! It was overwhelming! Then a thought occurred to me: "What if I smashed it all together into one big post?" And thus the weekend wrap-up was born! This is the stuff I don't want to dedicate to writing entire posts on because I'm occupied with school and don't have the time. So I decided I would compile a bunch of little news tidbits and cram them all together in one big news post! I'm thinking about doing this maybe one every two weeks or once a week is there's a shitload of news that particular week. I'm aiming for each little bit to be about a paragraph long and a short but sweet summary on the news and my feelings about said news. Think of it as a... literary collage of idol news. Or an excuse for me to do smaller posts because I'm a lazy shit. Take your pick! I also wanted to create a sort of public checklist of posts I'm working on so anyone who actively reads this blog can see what I'm up to and what I plan on writing! It'll also help give me an agenda and keep track of what to write and when to write it. Reviews and other miscellaneous stuff can usually wait but any sort of breaking news has to be reported immediately otherwise it fizzles out before you can even commentate on it! That's like... the rule of journalism, right? I'm babbling now, back on topic!

So let's check out my first weekend wrap-up and determine if it will be my only weekend wrap-up! And yes, if I keep doing this I will spam you readers with Perfume GIFs. MWAHAHA!

- Kyarypamyupamyu will be releasing a new Halloween single titled Fashion Monster on October 17th! I always love hearing more from Kyary and I loved Candy Candy so naturally I'm looking forward to Fashion Monster! I expect a trip-tastic PV with a bunch of scary but adorable Halloween monsters! Don't disappoint me! I looped rip can be found here along with some Halloween-tastic pictures. So far I'm liking the sound despite the really high notes in that chorus and it has a slightly darker (and I use that term very loosely for Kyary's music) and quirkier tone than her past two singles! The covers also suggest some quirky Halloween shenanigans which I'm all for; I love Halloween! It's one of my favorite holidays of the year! There are so many directions Kyary can have in her PV for this; I'm hoping for something with bats and maybe a shout-out to the chestburster scene in Alien. Don't ask me why. It just sounds like something Kyary would do.

- On the subject of Halloween, Passpo will also be releasing a Halloween single in October. It's the third and final single in their Airline Trilogy (so does this mean no more hardcore awesome songs anymore?) and it's called Wing. Now I didn't really follow Passpo and I still don't that much but Next flight and Natsuzora Hanabi both caught my attention so hopefully this song will catch my eye too! Apparently this one's influenced by "German metal" (does that even exist?) so who knows where it will go? Maybe they'll be prancing around Germany eating schnitzels! The covers were also released and they remind me of something from a Frankenstein movie with the electricity and the cheesy monster chains. Actually... Frankenstein would be an awesome concept for a music video! Maybe that's what Passpo will do!

- Jo Eriko is graduating from NMB48! Am I a horrible person for thinking "So... does that mean Kinoshita Momoka can take her place in Senbatsu now?" Right now the only faces I recognize in NMB48 are Sayanee, Milky, Nana, and Momoka so I can't exactly care about an idol I can't even remember. From what I do know she is one of the front girls of NMB48 so I wonder how this is going to effect the group once she's left? Like I said, I'm hoping they'll use someone from Team M (aka Momoka) to take her place but I don't know at this point. What I do know is that I don't think this graduation will have any effect on me whatsoever. She says she wants to focus on her studies? I can buy that, she's in middle school; maybe she's smart enough to realize the shelf-life of an idol is much shorter than the shelf-life of a career gained from attending college and getting a degree! Well, I truly am sorry fans of... who is this chick again? Oh well, my sympathies for her fans!

- According to the Japanese magazine, GirlPOP, Morning Musume's 11th Generation members will be interviewed on September 15th! I'm a little confused on this statement because does that imply sometime between now and then we'll finally see who these new members are? I'm sick of stupid previews! I want to see everyone pick their favorite and watch said favorite get shafted! Just kidding. I really hate it when that happens. I'm thinking when it says this magazine's interviewing the 11th Gen. it's simply referring to the finalists. If so... yay! It's about time! I'm a very impatient person and I myself am interested to see who's being considered as a finalist for this new generation... Okay, okay in reality I just want to know if Tsunku's decided to do anything with Karin yet. I'm still waiting for her to swoop in and replace RiDOS!

- S/mileage will be releasing their 12th single in November and their second album some time in 2012! Well S/mileage, you've proved to me that you haven't completely gone off the deep end with Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki. Now let's see if UFA can give you a decent follow-up single without having to boot another member out of the group! It'll be interesting to hear the first album with the newbs in it but I doubt I'll listen to the album unless this 12th single's any good. See the pressure you have, UFA? If this next single sucks then I'll be back in the same mindset about S/mileage before Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki. I guess I'll simply have to wait to give a final verdict on this one since it's in November and all. I know November not a long ways away but in school time two months in six months.

- This has been out for a week now, but I just found a live performance of DIY's song Fore Fore ~Forest for Rest~. Remember that group? The one everyone got so excited about that we pretty much haven't heard from other than this song? Well, they're still around! Personally, I'm pretty happy since it gives me hope that UFA will actually do something with this group besides this one song since there's a lot of potential! The song and performance are very... sexy. I was going to say sensual but nope. It's sexy. But everyone does a good job! Even Haruna, the awkward dancer, looks smooth along with the other strong dancers in this performance! Vocals are a little weak since the only decent vocalists in the group are Miyabi and Maimi (and Maimi's not even close to Miya's level). Still, the song is somewhat interesting and has a nice melody! I might do a full review of this song in the near-future! But probably not. That's why it's on here!

- In even older news, Takahashi Minami will finally be making her solo debut! Her long-time teammate Maeda Atsuko presented it to her at the Tokyo Dome concert and much joy was shed. All I have to say is "THANK YOU!" It's about time she got her own debut! Hasn't she been wanting that since well... she got into AKB48? If Akimoto Sayaka can't get her own solo debut then dammit, Takamina should at least get one! She's a great leader with an amazing voice and she totally deserves it! I mean screw Mayuyu (don't stare me down, Mayuyu O_O) and Sasshi, this is a debut I'm really excited for! There's currently no other information released about her debut single yet but I'm eagerly awaiting it.

- The covers and title for Matsui Sakiko's piano album have been released! Now I've never heard of or seen Matsui Sakiko and only know that she's somewhere in the sea of AKB48 but as a pianist myself, I'm interested to see how this album's going to turn out! It's apparently going to have some covers of AKB songs on it like Heavy Rotation. Of course she'll be covering Heavy Rotation; I'll bet if a cantaloupe had the chance to cover once song in his inanimate, fruity life it would be Heavy Rotation. But never fear! Along with a few covers, she'll also be playing original songs. I heard part of one a noodles commercial and it sounds lovely, like something I'd hear in a Studio Ghibli film! It's nice to see that she has the chance to put her piano talent to use, even if it probably won't chart as well than someone like Mayuyu putting out an album. It's the heart that counts! THE HEART! Anyways, I love piano covers, especially Perfume piano covers and I'll be keeping an eye out for this album!

- The tracklist for Morning Musume's 51st single, Wakutake Take a Chance has kinda-sorta been released! We know there's a B-side (well of course there would be a B-side) and not only that, we're getting more generation songs! Yay, I guess? I don't know, as long as they turn out to be as good as the ones from One Two Three, I'm not complaining! But I do think it would be kinda cool if they switched around the members to sing for different songs. Someone suggested a revival of Sakuragumi and Otomegumi but I think I'd like something completely new like the... eh... nevermind! Just something new that. Oh well, the real fun starts when the covers and promo pics are released. That's when the fans will either a) Praise the outfits/art to high heaven or b) Flip their shit. Hopefully UFA's learned the mistake of slaughtering Big Bird and turning his skin into outfits and we won't have to deal with those dreadful costumes ever again! I'm thinking something kind of sci-fi, like a mix between the Renai Hunter outfits and the Spring of Life outfits. With the single being released in nearly a month, hopefully we'll get some more new on it soon!

- Kikkawa Yuu's PV for her 5th single, Darling to Madonna, was released! I thought about doing a review for this PV but decided against it since there isn't really much to talk about with it that I can stretch into a full blog entry. The song itself reminds me a lot of Koko Kara Hajimarunda (and I mean a lot; I seriously thought the openings were identical) but I guess that's not a bad thing. Electropop is always nice when done well and Kikka's voice makes the song sound nice! But the song really doesn't stick out to me that much and it isn't as musically interesting as Konna Watashi Yokattara or even Koko Kara Hajimarunda. The PV itself reminds me of a very toned down version of Kyarypamyupamyu's Pon Pon Pon without any of the trippiness or silliness. I don't know, I'm just not really feeling this single; it reminds me too much of her last one.

- Speaking of Perfume, the short PV for their song, Fake It (the B-side to Nee and one of my favorite B-sides), has been released on their official Youtube channel! The full music video will be included on the Limited Edition of their best-of album, Love the World! I'll probably do a full review of this song when the album is released so I can see the video in its entirety and give you a full confirmation is it's worth watching or not! So far from what I can tell it's not going to be the eye-grabbers Spring of Life and Spending all my time were but as a fan I'm still happy this song even got a PV! The PV's pretty much just enhanced concert footage with some quirky angles and some lightsaber thingies surrounding the stage. I'm really not sure what those are supposed to be. For me, I like the close-ups better since they're more focused on the girls and they look just stunning under those glowing white lights! Not to mention the cute little luminescent blocks they stand on! It really isn't much but for what it is, I'll take it! Now I can't wait to see and review the full PV!

- In potential news that could force me into a hysterical breakdown, no mass graduations in AKB48 have been announced! Yay! Let's celebrate by enjoying the graduation-announcement-free weekend!

Watch there be a graduation announcement tomorrow ._.

Future Endeavors/Posts for Nia's Wonderland

finish the Gingham Check single review
 work on my post about graduation excuses
 finally get around to reviewing the Aitai Aitai Aitai na PV
 start Nocchi's birthday picspam
 complete my first October-Halloween-mystery-post before October actually gets here
 work on My Top 15 Perfume Dances
 contemplate dropping or actually working on the "How to Navigate a Forum" post
 wait for Love the World to be leaked along with the Fake It PV

Bye everyone! Go do whatever it is you do when you're not reading this!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hella long post but watched fake it - perfume pv edi? =)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZKMaFR2mtU&feature=autoplay&list=PL19014D09AAAE5D8C&playnext=1

    btw odds&ends is the new song from ryo(supercell) ft miku hehe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOFZKwv_LfA

    ReplyDelete