Tuesday, January 10, 2012

NMB48's 3rd Single PV Preview!

I haven't really kept track of NMB48; I'm just learning the Senbatsu of SKE. Now I have to learn another group? I know of Sayaka because she's the Acchan of the group and Nana from H!P (once again confirming my theory H!P and AKB are in cohorts) and that one girl who got into a scandal but other than that... Who the hell am I watching? Their debut single was really amazing but their follow-up failed miserably. I figured then this group was probably not worth my time. But after hearing the preview for their third single, I'm thinking I might just take interest in this group again. I have to admit, I think I like this almost as much a Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujou. It's a huge step-up from their last single (but let ust not speak of that). It's called Junjou U-19 and has a sort of disco sound to it and also maintains the energy the group's been playing on so far. On a little side note, I found the English title to be very interesting; it translates into Innocence Under-19. Perhaps it relates to the time before a girl is considered and "adult" in Japan (age 20). I'm not sure yet; I'll have to read the translation when I find out!

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by this PV. I haven't seen the circus theme done a lot (or... ever.) with idols and I from what I can tell I think that's what the video is centered around. I like how the PV starts with the typical "idols in school uniforms" theme then once an incredibly creepy clown opens a door they enter what appears to be this magical surreal world where they're not confined by the limits of school. Or at least, that's my interpretation so far. I think they chose the circus theme because it pertains to innocence (usually...) and relates to the title. In a way. This single's piqued my interest a lot more than Oh My God! and I'll definitely be on the lookout for the full PV. Who knows? Maybe I'll even start learning who's who and even start caring about this group!!

No comments:

Post a Comment