Monday, December 19, 2011

SKE48 - Kataomoi Finally PV Preview!!

Today the PV preview fo SKE48's 8th single Kataomoi Finally (Unrequited Love Finally) and it was quite the surprise for me. I don't listen to SKE quite as much as AKB because their songs sometimes feel just a little too upbeat to me. They're still good but somedays I just can't take perkiness. And the thing about this new single is it's still upbeat. But I think for once the cheery tune is toned down. That might be because of the PV but I'm actually very pleased at how this new single sounds so far. I haven't listened to the B-sides yet but the title track really has a lot of potential and I can't wait to hear the full song! This is probably the first time I'm actually really anticipating an SKE single!

As for the PV, it's... really interesting! To me it reminds me of Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou. In fact, the more I think about, I'm realizing that Kataomoi Finally is like an upbeat version of Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou! Think about it. It deals with a shocking subject, the PVs are eerily similar, and it's a first for each group in dark subject matter. The PV has homosexuality, car crashing, guns, violence, it's KSAx1000! And to be honest... I'm really looking forward to it. Like I've said before, I love it when idol groups do a song outside the norm and I hope this is what SKE is doing!

Once again, I'm really excited for this single; it sounds like SKE but in a darker, edgier direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment