Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Quack Quack Quack" Goes the Confused Blogger

I was going to wait until tomorrow to write about this but considering I've decided to pull an all-nighter I'm going to spend this time doing at least something productive! A radio preview for Morning Musume's 49th single (and the first one without Ai) was released today and the moment I pulled it up on Youtube I was rather... surprised. When the song first started I thought "Oh great, Tsunku's trolling again" but overall it sounded very adorable, very moe. Actually... it reminded me of Yasai Sisters! I said earlier how the outfits reminded me of Tomato-chan but for some reason the song reminds me of Yasai Sisters too! And I'm not even sure why... Perhaps it's because they both sound equally happy and adorable to me. I think that was my first thought about the song: silly but pretty lighthearted and fun. I could also hear a lot of energy behind the vocals, especially the newer members (even though I can't tell who's singing what, much like with the 9th generation!) Speaking of the 9th generation, once again Riwhore is trolling the song with her lovely Autotuned voice! Oh UFA, you just love to push the only member I remotely dislike, don't you? Apart from the vocals, overall I'm not really entirely 100% loving this song. To me it's like when I first heard Maji Desu ka Ska!; annoying and grating to my ears. Although I appreciate the amount of effort I can hear from the members, I don't think this is the best song to debut the 10th gen. Because although I can really hear the girls putting their all into it, I just feel like the song is kinda half-assed. However, because it's only a preview and the PV isn't even out yet, I can't give my full opinion on it just yet. Who knows? Maybe it'll endear itself to me the way Maji desu ka Ska! did. Or maybe I'll want to throw it out the window... the point is, it's too early for me to make a final opinion.

But as for now, I find the song to be... eh... actually, I can sum up my reaction better with a picture:


Really that's the only way I can put it. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. YAY DISLIKE FOR RIHO'S AUTOTUNED VOICE 8U I also applaud you for the bravery of saying Riwhore xD

    XD Love the picture - that was pretty much my reaction when I first heard the song x3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chiima

    Yes, I didn't enjoy her voice at the auditions either so her increasing amount of lines dismays me :/ However, I'm sure somehow I'll be able to put up with it... but as for now she is and will probably always be Riwhore to me ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, Yasai Sisters, there's something I must go back and look at!! ^~^

    ReplyDelete